Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Announcement

As a longtime activist and Lexington resident, I announce my candidacy for state representative for the 15th Middlesex District.*
We’ve been boldly represented by Jay Kaufman for more than a generation and I heartily thank him for his service. Jay has been an effective leader who has tirelessly stood up for our values. His impact will be felt for many years to come.
The causes Jay supported -- and the issues we face in our district and beyond -- still need a courageous leader who isn't afraid to speak up and make change. I will champion:
  • Fair and adequate education funding for each child
  • Responsible energy policy that protects and sustains our environment and natural resources
  • Improved healthcare for all
  • Social justice and equal opportunity for economically disadvantaged, incarcerated, and vulnerable populations regardless of race, gender, religious identity, place of origin, or sexual orientation
I’ve been called upon to play a leadership role in key areas. Beginning in 2007, I worked on the Revenue Working Group with Progressive Democrats of Massachusetts. After holding office in local, state, and national PTA associations, and on the Lexington School Committee, Governor Deval Patrick appointed me as the parent representative on the state Board of Education. The Raise Up Massachusetts coalition asked me to serve as one of the lead signers of its Fair Share Amendment initiative, which establishes a new “millionaires’ tax” to provide needed funding for education and transportation.
Serving as a state representative will allow me to further extend my leadership on issues of critical importance to our families and our future. I am energized and ready to accept this challenge. With the help of voters in the 15th Middlesex, I can succeed.


For information and updates about the campaign, please visit/like the new facebook page.

* Lexington and Wards 1&7 in Woburn